COVID-19 Protocols: Patient Safety
What to expect before your visit:
- Patients will be screened via phone call before their appointment about COVID symptoms.
- Patients will be asked to sign a patient consent form, as well as other necessary paperwork prior to their appointment.
- Upon arrival, patients will be asked to practice social distancing and wait for a staff member to provide screening.
- Patients will have their temperature taken before entry at the clinic and are required to wear a face mask / face covering and perform proper hand hygiene. The clinic will provide face masks for patients who do not have one of their own.
- Only the patient, unless a minor or a guardian is required, is allowed to enter the clinic. If someone is accompanying the patient, they are required to be screened, have their temperature taken, wear a mask, and perform proper hand hygiene.
What to expect during your visit:
- We no longer offer magazines and newspapers, or coffee or tea.
- You will be asked to rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash before beginning your care to reduce the amount of bacteria and viruses residing in the mouth.
- You will notice that all staff members will be wearing extra layers of personal protective wear during procedures (gowns, gloves, masks, eye protection, face shields, and protective draping). These precautions ensure everyone is safe and healthy.
- Contact-less transaction is encouraged to limit social contact